We are looking for a dynamic, experienced and passionate individual to join our team at a senior level. Our ideal candidate will have at least a year or two of post graduate experience in the arts and have a particular interest in curation and events coordination within a small scale arts organisation.
The role would suit someone who is interested in progressing in their career. Currently run by the gallery’s 2 Directors, the business is at a stage where it needs someone with the skill and desire to take the strategic development of the gallery and its exhibitions and events to the next level. With numerous ideas in the pipeline, new spaces on the horizon and the ability to exist in the virtual world there is ample opportunity here for the right person.
Anise Gallery is a contemporary art gallery with a strong focus towards the architectural aesthetic. Working with early to mid career artists in a wide range of media, the gallery presents an exciting and diverse programme of exhibitions , events and talks that relate back to architecture, technology and the built environment. Founded in 2012 by Jacky Jubert and Joe Robson, the gallery has made a name for itself amongst the art and architecture community. After 8 successful years in Shad Thames, the gallery has temporarily gone into the virtual sphere but, with many opportunities on the horizon, we feel it is time to share the Anise love and expand the team. We feel that there is an amazing opportunity here for the right person to take Anise Gallery to the next level and be a major part of that development.
This post is a new role and we will expect the successful individual to make it their own. A few key responsibilities are listed below but this is by no means the extent or limits of the role
- Play an active role in the curation, organisation and implementation of new exhibitions, whether it be online or in real life, including all promotion.
- Propose ideas for events and take responsibility in the organisation and promotion of events.
- Maintain and develop new strategic relationships with partners.
- Upkeep of website and blog, writing relevant content and promoting it.
- Actively participate in the art and architecture world, networking with artists, institutions and press to promote our work.
- Work closely with the Directors to actively bring ideas to life.
- At least 1-2 years experience of working in a similar or relevant role.
- Excellent networking and communication skills. A desire to attend events and confidently network to promote the work at these events with relevant people.
- Confident Social Media user – ability to increase followers and create captivating content.
- Confident in Photoshop and Indesign (or similar).
- Experience, ability and desire to run, host, organise events and all that they entail.
- A love and knowledge of architecture alongside the arts.
- Experience of working in a small team with a willingness to carry out a wide variety of tasks.
- Ability to work through tasks alone or with little support.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills, both written and verbal.
If you think you tick all the boxes please get in touch and send over your CV and cover letter, we would love to hear from you. [email protected]